Meet Samara Rice: Founder and Piano, Composition, and Theory Teacher of Samara Rice Music in Huntington Beach
Hello! I’m Samara, founder and piano, composition, and theory teacher of Samara Rice Music in Huntington Beach.
At four years old, I completely fell in love with music. Although only four, I begged and pleaded with my mom for music lessons, but was firmly and repeatedly told I had to wait until I turned five years old. Finally, after a long year of impatient waiting, I began formal private music lessons!
Initially, my music studies began with Suzuki violin lessons. However, my fascination with playing the baby grand piano in our living room morphed into the addition of piano lessons. My musical instruction further expanded with voice lessons and choir. Eventually my true musical passion became apparent when I spent my practice time writing my own original music compositions. Some teachers were more understanding than others of my re-purposed practice time. These first pieces were written with crayons, on scratch paper, in my own unique notation system. Although my knowledge of music theory and notation has vastly increased, my childlike fascination with music and composition remains.
When not teaching piano lessons in Huntington Beach, I am most likely composing music, attending a concert, or at the beach! To hear my original compositions visit www.SamaraRice.com.
Interested in having Samara as your child’s piano, composition, or theory teacher in Huntington Beach? Call or text her directly at (714) 794-5089 or send a message from the contact page.
- Master of Music in Composition, Bob Cole Conservatory of Music at California State University, Long Beach, thesis pending
- Bachelor of Music in Composition cum laude and departmental honors, University of California San Diego, 2013
- Saddleback College, piano performance, piano pedagogy, composition
- Samara Rice Music, Founder and Piano, Voice, Composition, and Theory Teacher, 2007-present
- Ojai Music Festival, Special Events Intern, Production Assistant, Artist Liaison, and Event Producer, 2015 & 2016
- Grand Teton Music Festival, Associate Stage Manager, 2014
- Prodigy School of Arts, Piano, Voice, Violin, and Viola Instructor, 2012-2014
- Music Together, Music and Movement Instructor for newborns-toddlers, 2009-2010
Professional Music Teacher Involvement
- The Music Teachers’ Association of California (MTAC)
- The Music Teachers’ National Association (MTNA)
- The California Association of Professional Music Teachers (CAPMT)
- The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP)
- Certified Music Together Instructor
Call or text Samara directly at (714) 794-5089 or send a message from the contact page.